Who says you need an oven to make cookies? Just look at these beautiful babies! These are possibly the yummiest raw snacks I have ever made, so good! Wait until you try them 😊
If you are looking for a way to make delicious cookies that don’t require cooking then you have come to the right place.
I make Almond milk all the time and am forever fussing over what I can create with the pulp, not wanting to waste it. If you have been following this blog you will see all the wonderful snack balls that are possible to make from left over Almond pulp but today I was inspired by a recipe I got through with a delivery of Love and suddenly got the urge to be creative. Also having made the boys Orange shakes I had some Orange pulp to use too. Having absolutely no ingredients from the cookie recipe that came through, bar the Himalayan Sea Salt, I was still determined to finally make some healthy natural organic cookies that rock, so that is exactly what I did!
To make these no cook cookies the ingredients required are:
1 cup Organic Almond Pulp
The pulp from 2 Organic Oranges
1/2 cup Organic Coconut Powder
1 Organic Banana
3 tblsp Raw Organic Cacao Nibs
2/3 tblsp Organic Agave Syrup
3 chopped Organic Figs
1 tsp Organic Açai Powder
1 tsp Organic Maca Powder
2 tsp Organic Chia Seeds
1 tsp Organic Orange Zest
A pinch of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
The method is this:
1) Mix together the Almond & Coconut
2) Mash the Banana until it is liquidated
3) Chop the Figs as small as you can
4) Grate the Orange Peel
5) Add all the ingredients together in one bowl and mix thoroughly until it looks as even as you can get it – I used my clean hands
6) Roll it into a large ball then separate it into smaller balls, flatten it out and round into cookie shapes
8) Place into a very cold fridge for at least 2 hours to allow it to set
Last point is crucial!
I really hope this method of making cookies inspires you to indulge in other raw food methods as much as first learning the ways did me. Raw foods have changed my life gifting me useful knowledge to have.
Here’s to health.